Our Tenant Advocate provides a free service and can give information and support to anyone who lives in a private rental, public housing, community housing or park home.
We maintain an online reading room full of fact sheets, frequently asked questions, and a contact list of other useful services.
Need to know about
- Residential Tenancy Databases (RTDs)
- Making an application to rent a house
- Property Condition Reports (PCRs)
- Maintenance, repairs and rent reduction
- Lessor or agent's right of entry
- Negotiating changes in Rent
- Department of Housing 3 strikes rules
- Bond money - and getting it back
- What to look for before signing a tenancy agreement
Want more information?
If you are a landlord seeking assistance, please contact Consumer Protection on 1300 30 40 54.